The rules of the competition and instructions are as follows:
• This is a PARAGRAPH WRITING CONTEST for students in Classes IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI & XII in school
• Parents/Guardians must enter their email and click ‘Join Contest’ at http://oktata.com/paragraph-writing-contest-kids/
• There are four categories: Classes IV & V, Classes VI, VII, VIII, Classes IX & X and Classes XI & XII
• Topic for Classes IV, V – MY DREAM HOLIDAY
• Topic for Classes VI, VII, VIII – MY FAVOURITE HOBBY
• Topic for Classes IX, X – MY FAVOURITE SUBJECT
• Topic for Classes XI, XII – AIR QUALITY IN DELHI
• Classes IV & V participants must write at least 150 words about the topic provided
• Classes VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI & XII participants must write at least 300 words about the topic provided
• Venue: You can write in the comfort of your home
• Speech to Text facility may be used on Android, iPhone and desktop computers since it can speed up submissions. Care should be taken to correct the text after using Speech to Text technology
• Test the Speech to Text service beforehand. Find a quiet place in your home and request family members to support you.
• Files with .doc & .docx extension should be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:00 PM, IST, on 25 June, 2017. Entries received later than that will not be considered. The subject line should bear: ‘Name of the student- ‘Class XYZ’- ‘June 2017’ (e.g. Deepak Gupta-Class IV-June 2017)
• The winner will receive a Gift Card worth Rs. 250/- of an online shopping portal. Should this not be possible an alternative prize of similar value will be provided.
*Terms & Conditions
1. OKTATA.COM has organized this contest to encourage kids to hone their skills during the Summer Holidays.
2. There is no entry fee to enter this competition.
3. By entering this competition an entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
4. The details are provided at http://oktata.com/paragraph-writing-contest-kids/
5. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified. The contest is open to citizens of India.
6. Entries must be made by Parents/Guardians by using their own email id.
7. The contest will begin at 11: 00 PM, IST, on 23 June 2017 and the participants must Click on ‘Join Contest’ before that. The contest will end at 11 PM 25 June 2017. Entries received after that will not be considered.
8. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are not received for whatever reason.
9. The contest may be cancelled due to unavoidable reasons.
10. The winner will be notified by email within 15 days of the closing date. If a winner cannot be contacted within 14 days his/her reward will be forfeited.
11. OKTATA.COM’s decision shall be final and no correspondence shall be entertained.
12. The participant agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry.
13. All content submitted by you to OKTATA.COM may be published by OKTATA.COM and OKTATA.COM shall have no obligation to preserve, return, or otherwise make available to you or others any material.
14. OKTATA.COM may use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish, and otherwise make use of the Submitted Content in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created—throughout the world and for any purpose—without compensation to you of any kind.
15. By submitting Content to OKTATA.COM, you represent and warrant that the Content does not infringe any copyright, trademark, property rights, rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party and that you have the full and unrestricted right to transfer the Content to OKTATA.COM free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
16. You acknowledge and agree that OKTATA.COM shall have no obligation to post, display, or otherwise make publicly available any Content submitted by you.
17. You acknowledge and agree that Content submitted by you may be made available by OKTATA.COM for viewing, rating, reviewing, and commenting by the public. You acknowledge that comments or ratings that you disagree with or are unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with the Content that you submit to OKTATA.COM. By submitting Content to OKTATA.COM you waive any privacy expectations that you may have with respect to the Content.
18.You agree to hold OKTATA.COM harmless from and against—and hereby waive any right to pursue—any claims of any nature arising in connection with OKTATA.COM’s use of the Content submitted to OKTATA.COM & used in any manner in its sole and absolute discretion.